RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Uju Dingolukkon Ma Nian ~ Batak Toba Folksong


Uju Dingolukkon Ma Nian [Tapanuli, North Sumatera]
Denny Siahaan

Hamu anakkon hu, 
(ow my children)
Tampukni pusu-pusuki 
(all the pieces of my heart)
Pasabarma amang, 
(patience my son)
Pasabarma boru 
(patient my daughter)
Laho pature-ture au. 
(to take care of me)

Nunga matua au 
(I'm very old)
Jala sitogu togu on i 
(must being carried to and fro)
Sulangon mangan ahu, 
(want to eat must be fed)
Siparidion au 
(must be bathed because I could not bathed myself)
Alani parsahitokki. 
(due to this illness)

Reff:
Somarlapatan marende, margondang, marembas hamu 
(no meaningless parties and your dances)
Molo dung mate au. 
(if I had died)
Somarlapatan nauli, na denggan, patupaon mu
(no sense of goodness that you gave me)
Molo dung mate au. 
(if I had died)

Uju di ngolukkon ma nian 
(at the time I was living like this)
Tupa ma bahen akka nadenggan 
(you have to offer it to me)
Asa tarida sasude 
(that look real)
Holong ni rohami, namarnatua-tua i 
(love and affection to your parents)



batak house




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free counters!
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow on Pinterest
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket